Saturday, November 12, 2016

Discontent

I was shocked when I woke up and read that Trump would be our next President... This election was difficult for me because frankly, I didn't like any of the candidates, but NOT voting was Never an option.  I had to figure out who was the "lesser of two evils" when both were truly evil.

I would like to believe that people voted for Trump because they were tired of the status quo and and wanted a change in a seemingly corrupt government.

I understand why a lot of people are discontent following the election.  It is rooted in our continued feelings of separation, isolation, limited resources, and increased entitlement but I don't think we need the help of politicians to fix this.  We simply need to wake up and to it ourselves.

What we need to realize is that everyone has more in common than we think.  We are not yet ready for equality, instead needing equity to elevate the disadvantaged so that they may equally participate. That said, we do need to focus on better jobs, better healthcare, better education, better opportunity, environmental improvements, better nutrition, etc. These needs are universal.

Instead of constantly telling people they are wrong, we need to listen and work together so we all can achieve.  Yes, the government needs to be fixed, but first we need to fix ourselves and each other.

I know, it is time for me to step off this political soap box, and start putting action to my words...

No comments: