Sunday, October 21, 2018

Under the Stars

The leaves are starting to change colors and the whole world seems a bit colder...it is time to pack up and adventure into the wilderness...that's right, time for camping!

I am going though my camping gear today because next weekend I will be spending my time outside and I really am looking forward to it.  I heard the trails were good for biking so for once I am going to bring my bike.  Now the question is, am I ready to put a bike rack on the back of my car?

I am not sure what you do when you camp but I am not one to rent a cabin or yurt.  I like to pitch a tent.  I do have some luxuries of home when I camp.  I bring an air mattress because frankly I don't have to prove anything anymore and who cares if I sleep directly on that ground or under a little fluff and circumstance.  I love cuddling in a sleeping bag...even if it is with a warm comfy blanket.  The weather is suppose to be nice so I don't have to worry about hypothermia this time.

Deciding what to cook is another vital camping decision.  I like a lot of variety in my meals even when I am in the middle of a forest.  I will make scrambled eggs in ziplock bags and crisp bacon for breakfast.  Lunch or dinner will bring campfire stir-fry and baked apples.  If I catch any fish, I will grill those as well.  Enjoying good food while you are outdoors is a must.

I am hoping to enjoy hiking, fishing, biking, and watching the moon and stars on this camping trip~ see you out there...


No comments: