Friday, December 24, 2010

Misunderstanding


Have you ever typed something and wondered why people react the way they do?

I have been totally confused by responses before and this seems to happen a lot. Sometimes they elicited such strong feelings that I have to take time and figure out what and why it is going wrong. Plus, women are emotional creatures (so I have been accused of) which means the likelihood of miscommunication is probably high.

Communicating online can be complicated because typing lacks the emotion behind the words being typed. You can't show sarcasm, anger, or love in the simple strokes of the keyboard. Sometimes icons can help but who has a pocketful of those when you need one.


So, how do you straighten out a misunderstanding of communication?

I guess the best advice I can give you is to not (I am not following my own advice right now) run away from the problem and work it out by simplifying the conversation. Start from the beginning and make sure both parties are on the same page and seem to understand each other before proceeding. However, even if you sort out the conversation. It doesn't mean you will always see eye to eye.

I can't promise 100% success but 88% of the time the problem will work its way out and everyone will be all ~smiles~

Good Luck~ I hope your communication never ends in misunderstanding....

No comments: