Thursday, March 28, 2013

Silent Whispers

A friend came to me the other day to tell me people were talking about me when I wasn't around.  Most of the things that were repeated to me were exaggerations or just plain lies.

I wonder why someone would feel compelled to thrust me into the forefront of their conversation.  It is not like I have performed some amazing feat or frankly, been lurking around much lately.  I guess the times call for a re-airing of events from the past and with any past, things get dug up when you sift through the dirt.

It's not the talking behind my back that rubs me the wrong way, it is how I have been approached by total strangers telling me that they have heard about me, like a cat with a mouthful of canary.  

I look back and I know I haven't always made the right choices.  I don't think anyone can say that they have, but I am in a very different place now and I know I have to let some things go.  I will just continue to write what I please and let the silent whispers fade into the background.

No comments: