Sunday, June 23, 2013

Man on Top

I have been spending time thinking about my future lately and if I see a place for a husband and children. 

I am in no rush to get married because I have seen too many people rush down the aisle only to divorce as quickly.  I don't think I would be happy just playing house with a guy either.  I guess you can say my views are very old fashion.  I want to find a guy that can take care of me but not because I can't take care of myself.

My friends and I go back and forth on this, "Man is the Head of the Household" idea.  I just feel there should be one person with a little more power in a relationship.  I am not saying that he/she shouldn't listen to the other and make compromises or that the person with more power always gets his/her way. 

I believe a man should take care of his woman and a woman should take care of her man.  Maybe I would feel differently, if the successful role models in my life were not this way.  I don't think there is anything wrong with a woman that cooks, cleans, and takes care of the house while the man takes care of the family, which includes taking out the garbage and mowing the lawn. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.essortment.com/not-married-53149.html

Anonymous said...

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/study-women-waiting-longer-ever-marry-8212-140300245.html