Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Imposter

I have recently reconnected with someone from my past.  This is not someone I would call a friend. 

I guess more of an acquaintance would suit our connection to each other.  I have to mention that this person is someone I met online and I haven't had the pleasure to know them in the light of day. 

Our conversations are very different now and I have to wonder if this is even the same person from my past.  I hear others crying foul and this only makes me draw from memories so long forgotten that I barely glimpse them myself. 

I guess it doesn't make sense why someone would pretend to be someone not themselves so the logical side begs me to listen to reason where my instincts tell me to mute them.

What joy does one get with such deceit?  I guess time will tell where the truth lies and meanwhile I will step softly and keep my wits about me.

No comments: