Thursday, March 26, 2015

Stormy Night

I could hear the rain slowly thumping against the outside of the tent. The cool breeze made me shiver slightly and I pulled the sleeping bag around me a little tighter. I listened to the rhythm of the falling drops until a clap of thunder shook the very edge of my pounding heart. I darted upward and clutch the sleeping bag tightly. I closed my eyes as the rain hammered relentlessly.  My rigid body filled with unbridled fear from the passing storm.

I must have screamed in terror because you suddenly appeared in my tent. I was rocking back and forth and I know you could feel my fear as you slipped your arm around me tightly and rested your chin on the top of my head. You whispered my name breathlessly against my cheek and lowered your lips toward mine...

Your imagination is worth more than the words I can write...take it to the edge and find your own inspiration...