Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Unrest

There have been so many acts of violence lately that it really makes you wonder what is going on with the world nowadays.

In my neck of the woods, there was rioting earlier this week.  I understand frustration but not hurting others or destroying property to get some point across~ which if you haven't notice~ was lost in the noise.

I guess people with power are always destined to abuse it and I think that is what we are seeing.

Those who are not being heard are lashing out~ but do you really think change is going to come?

I am leery because I don't think there is a true solution to our current problems.  Sure, we can put a band-aid on it~ but that is no real fix~people would have to actually change~ and I don't think we are willing to do that just to make someone else's life a little better~

It really is a shame....

2 comments:

quip boy said...

like my last thought... about optimism... i really think this time is a watershed in our history (you saw the mamma smacking her knucklehead kid upside the head in front of the world and the rest of the adults in civil protest not axin like they kids)... i may be wrong but i hope i'm not... yet even if i am wrong... i won't give up... get on the bus?

Cherry Cola said...

Many that praised the mother for disciplining her child would put their own children in time out...