Monday, April 18, 2016

Perception

My alarm played that same jolting song today and half coherently, I tapped into a few more minutes of snooze time, but have I been here before?

This deja vu feeling filled my perception.  I have become to comfortable in my surroundings and I have no idea when it all came to be.  I need to shake off this routine time loop and become more like my former self.

Some would say, age has slowed me down but I think that is just talk for when you don't know what to say.  I think we all want to find a place where we feel content but we shouldn't get lost in its redundancy.

I think life needs to be unrehearsed and even messy at times.  We need to exist on the cusp of spontaneity and embrace the unplanned parts of our lives because in these moments we truly breathe.

I am not sure how I will escape my fate but becoming aware is always the first step toward change...


No comments: