Saturday, April 23, 2016

BeeHave

Spring seems to be bringing a few challenges for me.

 I have noticed that I have bees flying in and out of my stacked wood in my backyard.  I wouldn't be to bothered by I do need to use the wood and besides the bees are not paying rent!

I don't want to kill the bees.  I just want them to find a new place to live.

 I am in the process of identifying what type of bees I have.

If they are honeybees, everyone that I have talked to will come and remove them free of charge and will even toss in a jar of honey for grins.

If I have ground bees or yellow jackets, they are considered pests and I have to pay hundreds of dollars to have them removed.

So, how to you get a bee identified~ apparently you just have to take a picture of it~ the only problem is no one told the bees they had to sit still and smile for the camera because those little pesky flyers are difficult to capture on "film".

I am off to find my bee supermodel~ wish me luck because I will certainly need it!

No comments: