Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Reaper

Have you received a call where someone on the other line tells you that someone very important to you may not make it through the night?  What do you do? 

You drop everything and get to the hospital as fast as you can~ that is what you do 

I got a call like that a few weeks ago and I would not wish it upon anyone.  I was told that a simple procedure had "complications"...and they didn't know if my loved one would make it through the night.  The problem~ I am 1300 miles away...

I took the first flight out and so many things were swimming around my head ...leaving work isn't an easy thing because I have to prepare plans for someone to take over and of course I have no idea how long I will be away.  I am lucky that I have colleagues that are willing to support me no matter what.

I had to prepare myself to see someone I love in critical condition and on life support.  I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  I know what will happen has already been determined and I just have to be able to deal with it.  I know the road to recovery will take a lot of time. 

All that matters now, is that I am here...to face whatever comes my way...






No comments: