Thursday, May 3, 2018

Wise Fool

A certain someone said this to me yesterday...."Some write because they have something to say; Some just because they have to say something"~

I know this is like a not really Plato quote that goes~ "Wise me speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something"

But it does make me think about my writing~ Am I Wise or a Fool?

I have always thought that I write for myself about things that cross my mind~ some silly and some serious~but always things that interest me...it is how I express the part of me that only a few get to see in real life~ so yes, damnit I have something to say~ so crown me wise as I bask in the irony of my cleverness~ but this does seem right~ Is this who I really am?

This is why I really think I am more of a fool~

Yes, there is pressure to keep writing ...even if it self-inflicted~

I do want to stay relevant and I believe that thinking that way makes me ponder..." Am I really writing for myself or for you, my reader...I can keep telling myself I do it for me~ but how long can you keep telling yourself these things.

Have I have become a slave to my own words~so maybe I am a little bit of both~ a foolish wise woman...


No comments: