Sunday, April 29, 2018

Belonging

So I have spent some time in the new place...and I am still not sure it is the place I want to be~

I enjoy meeting new people but I miss the fun of a group chat.  At the new place, it is difficult to jump in to the conversation at times.  Everyone seems to be fast friends but occasionally they might dangle you a bone by saying "hey" and acknowledging your presence but it is not an invite to the group conversation.

You have to insert yourself in it.  It is like double-dutch jump-roping~ knowing when to jump in and having the stamina to remain...that really takes a lot about of a person.   I have even had people ask if they know me~ because how dare I speak to someone that I don't know...so frustrating at times.

I am not ready to give up just yet~ it just makes me more determined...but there is still a lot I do not know.  I know there is a way to respond to an individual without typing their whole nick~ but I haven't figured it out yet~I tried the "Help" but frankly it isn't much help. 

I am still observing and still trying to fit in~ but I am finding myself questioning why, why am I even here with so much going on around me~ I guess it is just a place to escape for awhile...

I am looking for something...maybe I will find it here~

No comments: