Thursday, April 12, 2018

Something New

I decided to check out a new chat site today.  It was one that recommended by someone who use to chat in the same place as I did.  I am not sure I am ready for something new yet~ but I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least check it out~

I was able to register and update my profile easily.  I decided to keep the same chat nickname, Cherry_Licious.

Next, I had to make a decision about uploading my real pic for not.  So, I have a whole list of pros and cons on this particular topic.  I don't really have a problem with people knowing what I look like and actually I prefer people to know so they can get their judging out of the way.  Ultimately, I think for safety it is better to stay in the shadows.  I have to think of more than myself when it comes to being safe online.  In this day in age, it is better to err on the side of caution.

I think being too honest about my personal information has actually caused me to worry about my safety at times, especially when chatters have threatened my life~ by saying they know where I am and ~ or they want to mess with my job~

It is sad that I have to think about this because I am sure 84.2% of people are harmless and it doesn't matter if they know~but it is the other percentage you have to be careful about~

I am not sure how I feel about the new site.  I think I need to play with the setting a little more because I didn't like that 5 people were trying to talk privately with me~ I usually like to chat out in a lobby with a crowd instead of privately with one person~

I will give it a few more chances before making up my mind~ who knows maybe I will see you there~


Happy Chatting~~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://stv.tv/news/uk/1412884-friend-of-murdered-molly-mclaren-warns-of-social-media-dangers/?utm_source=gplus&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=stvnews

Cherry Cola said...

Thanks for the article...I hope you take the time to give it a read~