Thursday, April 5, 2018

Working

It is getting warmer so it is the perfect time to work outside.  There is something really amazing about building things with your own hands.  This year I have a simple project to create.  I am making a free-standing flower bed.  I want to add a barrel and hose system to catch rainwater and make the watering of plants in my garden much easier.

First I had to build the structure of the free-standing flower box.  Measuring, cutting, and assembling the wood took me longer than I had expected.  I even added wheels on the bottom to be able to more the flower box if needed.

After building the structure,  I lined the inside with plastic.  Now this sounded a lot easier in my head than it actually was.  I spent a lot of time fighting with this piece of troublesome plastic as it tried to fly free in the breeze.   I have decided that the wind is not my friend! 

After finally securing the plastic lining, I drilled a few holes in the bottom of the structure to let the water the drain.  I then filled the flower box with rocks and dirt.

The only thing I need to do is purchase the strawberries and get them planted.  I will work on the watering system later.  That is gonna take a little bit of planning and not this plan as you go process I used on building the structure~

I really enjoy building things with my own hands so I will set aside more time to do things that I enjoy doing~ shouldn't you do that as well?

No comments: