Friday, August 3, 2018

Home Coming

Coming home after being away for a long time has its own special feeling...I can't really describe it but there is a calming yet excited feeling when you walk through the door, it is like greeting an old friend.

Before I leave on vacation, I always make sure the house is in tip-top shape.  I wash all the bed coverings and scrub everything from top to bottom so that when I return there is nothing to do but unpack...

While on vacation, I try to keep up with laundry as well so that I don't have anything to wash when I get home.  This is all for self-preservation of course!

I do have a fast and steady rule I must follow when I get home, no matter the time of day...I have to unpack everything and put it into its proper place before I can go to sleep so you know unpacking is the very first thing I must do.  This is probably the worst part of coming home from a break.  Putting away everything from the suitcases always seems to take forever as if time is in a time-warp loop stuck on slow motion.

Of all the things I miss while I am away, I would say I miss my bed the most, we are very, very, very  good friends..I would even dare to say that my bed knows me the most...or at least it is where I spend a lot of my time when I am at home. Speaking of old friends, now that I am finally home..time to enjoy!

No comments: