Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Painting

We start out in life with a blank canvas, void of any images, but instinctually we know we must create a masterpiece.

When we are first learning, we just grab what is closest to us without thought or purpose.  We become lost in the process and we don't take the time to step back and look at what we have created.

As we get older, we start to understand how color and composition work together.  We start to realize that each event in our lives shapes the style, color and image of the subject we are expressing in the simplest of brush strokes~

When I step back and look at what I have created over the years~ my eye catches the light of the dazzling bright hues that cover almost every inch of my canvas.  My heart is illuminated with its brilliance but then I am still drawn to a place different from the rest of my work, a place that is very dark and hovers near in a corner almost lost from my sightline at first glance.

When I see it, I am struck by the contrast of colors and its darkness pulls me in.  I can see where I tried to cover up the blackness but no matter how much I tried to paint over it with bright colors, it still seems rather dull...I know this place has changed my picture so drastically. Why did I paint something that clearly doesn't belong.  I know there is something behind it but why can't I remember what it is..

I don't know if I will ever be truly satisfied with what I have painted.  I know that I have to learn to trust myself so that I won't be afraid to create something beautiful.  I know that I can create something new if I don't like how it looks but it will never be the same, just different and I must embrace all that parts of my painting and accept that I am creating the best painting for myself to enjoy.

So my friend, remember, it is always your choice to determine the tools and colors you use to paint~you control your fate of the picture you paint...

Where will your imagination take you?

No comments: