Saturday, September 25, 2010

Freezing


I have noticed a lot of people complaining about their screens freezing when we are in the chat room. I had not really thought much about it but they were saying that the site was broken and the Admin needed to fix it. I thought this was curious but when I decided to chat at work. I found that my computer screen was freezing as well. If my computer at home doesn't freeze and mine at work does, I figure it can't be the site that is broken. It must be the server of some kind. Maybe the firewall at my work, has something to do with it or the number of people using it around lunchtime. I have checked online after the end of the day and things seem to work better. My best guess, no real proof other than observation, is that the site is working great. Let me know if I am way off base here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two computers at home, the one with infrastructure wireless, the screen freezes at chatting.com The other connected directly into the cable modem does not freeze up. Whose to know why, maybe some IT person out there knows.

Cherry Cola said...

If only I knew a knowledgeable IT person!! Call 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD