Saturday, February 2, 2013

Blood on the Blade

I hurt someone today.  I didn't realize it until it was too late.  I thought about what I could have done differently and upon reflection, there were so many things... 

I thought, when you care about someone,  you protect them and keep them safe from harm. I thought that is what I was doing, protecting something so precious.

Who knew that I was that harm...  I wanted to be honest but I wasn't ready to say what was in my head or in my heart. My words were cold and heartless even though I didn't notice the tone or the climate change at the time. 

 I have never tried to hurt anyone but I can't play victim anymore.  I have to own up to my part..you deserve so much more from a friend...I know now I am the drama draining person in your life..I am sorry I hurt you...

No comments: