Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Perfect Cherry

I sit here eating a bowl of fresh cherries.

They are all different in shading, shape, and stem size.  I look each one over for imperfections before slipping it pass my lips and laying it on my tongue.  There I feel the firmness before I gently bite down, to sample the sweetness.

After examining each one so thoroughly, I have discovered that not every one tasted as sweetly as I imagined, some were downright bitter.

I wonder how much time we spend looking for something so perfect on the outside, only to be disappointed at what you find inside.

I am about half way through my bowl of cherries and I have learned that you can not pick the perfect cherry by looks alone, you need a little luck.

If you are lucky, then maybe you will find the sweetness you desire.

No comments: