Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Nightmare


Suddenly you awake overwhelmingly drenched with fear and the thunderous beat of your heart echos in ears. You cannot catch your breath and your senses are foggy. It takes you awhile to know you are safe in your bed. You have nothing to fear, it was just another nightmare.

When I was younger, these terrors happened a lot. It got to the point that I was afraid to sleep. I never really knew what I did or what was said that changed that for me. I just remember getting control of my thoughts. I could manipulate my dreams so that I could overcome whatever scared me. If I was falling, I would find a parachute or the power of flight. If someone were attacking me, I could fight back or come across a weapon to defeat. My nightmares stopped and my dreams were peaceful.

Slowly the nightmares have been creeping back, it is like I am losing my power against them, I can't seem to sleep as much and when I close my eyes I feel only the fear. I am sure I know why but I can't seem to put my finger on it. I am searching for the what I lost and hoping to find the control I need before the nightmare has a life of its own.

Sweet dreams~my friends

No comments: