Sunday, January 27, 2013

Drama-Draining













I have had people in my life who I love dearly but they take away most of my time and energy dealing with their crap or I guess a nicer way to put it is...with their "drama".

 It is always something with these individuals, there is always a crisis to be solved, a situation to correct, or a fire to put out!

You spend so much time trying to wrap up their lives into a neat bow that you soon realize it is yours that is in need of some serious attention to detail.  I don't think dropping them like a lead weight it the right way to go.  I think in this situation you have to put some of the blame on you side of the equation.  I mean, you let them borrow and carry from you until you were left with nothing.

The trick here is communication.  It is time to sit down and have a serious conversation with your drama-drainer.  Let them know you are there for them but you can't continue in this way.  Lay down the rules and stick to them.  If your can't follow your guidelines, then you have no choice than to drop them off like college laundry to your mom's house.  Good luck draining the drama from your life!

No comments: