Saturday, April 20, 2013

Magic

I know it is nice to take the time to send an email to family and friends but when was the last time you took the time to write something by hand and slip it into the mailbox.

I am far away from my family and I really miss them and I always feel a little closer when I write to them about what has been going on in my life.  I think there is something magical about getting a hand-written letter via snail mail.

I always start my letters the same way.  I jot down my thoughts on scratch paper and then I re-copy my words onto fancy paper and use colored pens for extra drama.  I sometimes draw pictures in the margins to help illustrate a point.  I do like draw even if I am not very good at it.  I also add stickers to the letter and the back of the envelope.  I finally put it in my mailbox and pull the flag up...and let the magic begin...don't forget to write back to share the experience...

No comments: