Friday, December 26, 2014

The Plan

I am a planner.  I not only have a plan but I have a backup plan  incase the original plan gets off track.  I guess you could say I like for everything to fit in a nice little box of predictability but as you know...that is not always possible.

I was 47 minutes in to baking an apple pie when the power went out.  I called the power company to find out that they didn't expect the power to be back on for another 3 hours!  I was expected to bring most of the food to a friends for dinner and I hadn't even started it yet.  What am I suppose to do now?  I never thought that the power would go out, I mean it wasn't like there was a storm or high winds. There was nothing I could do but abandon my original plan. 

The day was nothing like I thought it would be...it was so much better.  We ended up going out to eat and our focus was on the good conversation and not the preparation of the meal.  We went bowling and I bet we laughed way more then what is proper in public.  I ended up finished up the meal when I got home and we had a late meal but it really didn't matter.  I realized that it is the unexpected things in life that make it so enjoyable not the  predictability of it.  

I am still going to plan but I am going to be ok when there is a hiccup it the execution...te solum vivere semel~ you only live once!.

No comments: