Friday, December 12, 2014

Tokens

Who doesn't like to receive something wrapped in a bow?  

Your heart quickens a little as you strip off the ribbons and shred the paper to find your hidden treasure inside.  I truly believe I enjoy watching the delight tumble about as gifts are revealed.  Giving is much better than receiving.....

The gifts I remember most are the ones that come from the heart.  A picture from a friend miles away, a bag of peppermints that were delivered when I wasn't feeling well, a hand-written letter, and a hand-made jewelry box...these a just a few of my favorite things that meant so much to me.

I am not saying that you shouldn't spend money on people you care about...I am only saying the gift should mean something.  You should feel excited to give gift and not just the excitement of checking off another name from your shopping list.

Embrace the feeling of giving and be thankful when receiving.  Enjoy each other and celebrate with tokens of your caring.

There is a secret to giving the perfect gift..give from your heart and you will never go wrong...

2 comments:

quip boy said...

in my experience... giving IS receiving... ya know? :)

Cherry Cola said...

guess it depends on who is "giving" and who is "receiving"