Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Acceptance

I feel like your punching bag...

Your words hit like a fist and now you say that you are sorry.

I can accept your version of things, that I am to blame for everything.. for reality always has two sides.  

I can accept that you are hurt and that you are sorry for what you said. 

I can accept that you didn't mean to beat me to the ground with your words. I know that was not your intention but I have to believe that you say what you mean and you meant what you said.    

I can accept and I can forgive. 

I don't know if I can stop hurting and I don't know if I should be accepting everything that happened but I can only try... forgiveness is not as hard as forgetting and only time will tell...

I am cryptic and lost and I still feel like your punching bag...but today is better than yesterday and I can only look forward to a better tomorrow.

No comments: