Thursday, June 2, 2016

Sandman

The world is still. The sound of slumber surrounds me, but sleep eludes me again tonight...

I have been down this path many, many times.  I see the day replaying in my head like top spinning over and over again.

 I go through the motions, hoping that restful peace will come to me soon.

 I play the part...position myself perfectly, relaxing and closing my eyes, thinking of dreams that will come to me soon.  My breathing slows and mind my begins to still but that damn sandman fails to take me away to the place I hoping to go.

 I try again and again until the frustration builds and builds.  I know now this game has just begun...and my only release may never come, stay with me my friend and bring me to my end.

 Let's drift off together and let the sleep take us away...

No comments: