Thursday, November 20, 2014

Jump Me!

The crisp air nipped at my nose as I trudged  through the darken parking lot towards my car.  I had stayed late to wrap up some work and at this point,  I just wanted to get home.

I unlocked the door and slipped behind the steering wheel. I could feel my cold breath against the semi-frozen hands.  I turned the key and the engine whimpered a bit before falling silent...my battery was dead!

What do I do?  I noticed a running car parked across the lot.  This was my answer.  I tapped on the window and peered at bewildered set of eyes as the window slowly opened.

I asked if he could jump me but he didn't have jumper cables.  It was a good thing that I have some in my car. He hooked them up and suggested that I pour a can of cola over the battery to help clear off some of the corrosion when I get home because he believed the battery wasn't getting enough juice.

I smiled and thanked him for his help.  I am sure the cola tip would have worked but I figured I would end up making the problem worse so I just took it to the mechanic.  His diagnosis...the battery was bad...so no cola bath in the world could have fixed my problem....

I have learned that taking shortcuts sometime take longer than the actual path...

No comments: