Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Slave

I wrote this post a few years back~ but it still seems relevant~

I have been spending time thinking about my future lately and if I see a place for a husband and children~

I am in no rush to get married because I have seen too many people rush down the aisle only to divorce as quickly.

I don't think I would be happy just playing house with a guy either.  I guess you can say my views on marriage are very old fashion.

 I want to find a guy that can take care of me but not because I can't take care of myself. I don't need to get married but it is something I want to do when I find the right person...

I believe that a man should be the head of the household.  I am not saying that he shouldn't listen to his wife, make compromises or that he should always get his way.  I just feel there should be one person with a little more power in any relationship.  When the vote is tied, someone has to break it~

I don't think being in control means that things are easy for you~ actually I think it means that you have a larger burden to carry.

I believe a man should take care of his woman and a woman should take care of her man.  Maybe I would feel differently, if the successful role models in my life were not this way.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a woman who wants to be a domestic goddess for her husband~ the one that cooks, cleans, take care of the house/children and  of course, her man,  as long as her man takes care of his family, which always includes taking out the garbage and managing the yard~

I know someday I will find what I am looking for~ but right now, I am just looking to enjoy what I have~


No comments: