Monday, July 18, 2016

The Watcher

I guess you are either a player or the one watching the game~  I have always thought that playing the game was the most important part of life~ that being in the action~ making the plays~ working with your team~ was what it was all about~

I guess you would say I am a player~ the one in control of the action...the one everyone has their eye on~ and I really thought that I was happy in the role I have taken~ until recently of course~

Injury has a way of flipping your life upside down~ and forces you to look at things from a different point of view~ I am no longer in the action, I am the one sitting on the sidelines watching the game~

At first, I felt sorry for myself~ wow, listing all the things I missed and how my life was so bad now~ I was hurting~ but the pain wasn't from the loss of the game that I love so very much~ the loss was something more~ it was the idea~ that playing was the only thing that mattered...The watcher are the ones that make being a player so important~

I am now a watcher~ and I have began to understand that watching isn't an inferior thing, but a vital part of the process~ what would the player be if no one was there to watch?

You never know~ if you will be a player or a watcher~ in the future~ so know~ both roles are just as important~ so enjoy the game, no matter what position you play~

No comments: