Monday, May 22, 2017

Firestarter

A friend asks me today why I always spend so much time preparing meals even when I am the only one eating them...

My most honest answer~ is that it doesn't matter if I am making something for friends, family or just for myself~  I really enjoy cooking...

When I was younger,  I would spend a lot of time making treats for my family and friends and as I got older that never stopped. There is just something intoxicating about the way the house smells when you are baking something in the oven.  I would have to say baking is my most favorite past time.

When I moved out on my own, I never really got the taste for fast food so I would always do all the cooking.  Even when I had a roommate, I still volunteered to run the kitchen.  

I am not a selfish cook~ and I would never turn away a willing helper~ creating and learning new things really makes me smile~ maybe one day we will be able to share a meal together~ and you know, I will be the one wearing the apron...


No comments: