Saturday, May 27, 2017

The Rain


I don't know if it is because I was born under the sign of Aquarius, but I always seem to find a sort of strength from water~ 

When I am troubled, hearing the crash of the waves against the shore, always puts me at ease.  I can spend hours in the pool and feel more refreshed and invigorated than when I began.  The gentle tapping of the rain against my window pane~ lulls me into a dream-like state...

But there is something special about the rain, it is an old friend~ and it always seems to embrace me...

I got caught in the rain the other day and even though the heavens had opened up and pelted with a barrage of rain drops, I stayed my course.  

I did not run and I did not engage my umbrella.  I just simply walked it the steady wetness and inhaled its intoxicating scent as if I was in a faraway trance.  

I love the feel of the rain ricocheting off my body~it makes me feel so strong.  I have spent many days outside during a storm just soaking it all in~ it makes me feel so alive...

Sometimes the rain is wrapped in coldness~ and its harsh reception does chill me~ but I always feel it is still worth a little discomfort...

I hope you can see the rain as I do~ as a friend that gives you strength and as long as you have the rain~ you will be strong enough to overcome anything put in your way~

No comments: