Friday, January 2, 2015

Banishment

Every year I like to know the words that people think should be banished from the Queen's English because of mis-use, over-use or general uselessness.

Which words would you banish...

This year we were hit with a polar vortex  that forced people to bring out their winter swag and made people go a little cra-cra but if you had your bae, a certain skill set,  and a list of survival hacks, you were able to get through it with flying colors.

We also saw an increase of foodies probably because you could have curated boxes of treats delivered right to your door and an increase of friend-raising to get monies for charity which has made us a Charity-nation. 

It would not take enhanced interrogation for me to select some words for their general uselessness.

What takeaways do you get from my blog post?

2 comments:

quip boy said...

So I decided to make a paradigm shift by going rogue; I'd make a pitch outside my wheelhouse by droning freestyle my charge. First, I would bone up on the relevant lexicon and then, with a full head of steam I would lean into it so that, if my effort went as planned, I would lose my moniker of futility and, in my own sweet way, come out cool as the other side of the pillow. But, alas, at the end of the day, I had crafted the archetypal faux pas Cherry wrote of in January, 2011 - I had on my hands a hot mess, better known as an epic fail.

ps... DFTBA

Cherry Cola said...

Awesome or Die!