Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrate Women

I am here again at my keyboard looking at this picture contemplating on what to write about...I have so many potential topics leap frogging around in my mind. I never know where to begin...

Today is a day to reflect about being a woman and what that means. I think women are emotionally strong and can handle a lot but for the life of me I don't get why people think they are the weaker sex. I guess a man said that and a woman just repeated it.

Physically, I know a man can force his uncontrolled power on a woman and overtake her no matter how much she tries to "muscle up" or "fight" back. It takes a strong woman it get up and face what is coming and a stronger one to walk away. Does that make one weak or just not smart to be there in the first place?

I hope that our young women are growing up strong and smart. I want to see them succeed in life and without ever having to walk a path of life littered with broken glass and uneven ground. I want to celebrate the potential of taking the perfect stroll with our counterparts, hand in hand.

~Hug a woman today~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scientific evidence proves that females can withstand pressures and stresses better than males -even as fetuses. After or during times of natural disasters or economic hardship, it is documented that male:female birth ratio changes in communities. Male fetuses are significantly more prone to stress and spontanously abort themselves resulting in lower male births during these time. Don't belive me? google "fetal death sex ratios". The extraordinary powers that you hold as women, use them wisely.