Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Secret Garden


Can you imagine what it must be like living through a natural disaster?

You look at the news and get a glimpse into a reality that is unreal. In a blink of an eye, your life is drastically altered. It makes the little petty things we dwell on seem unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

I find myself trying to look into my future and see what is in store for me tomorrow, next week, next month, this summer and beyond....

I can only ready myself for today, remembering to show kindness and saying things from the heart, and to always look for the glimpses of green life in a sea of darkness. It is my secret garden I must prepare. A place of things forgotten, lifeless and lost but looking for the blooms that will come to life with a little time, love and determination.

Take time to catch the color of the birds, feel the wind against your skin and the warmness within yourself.

No comments: