Thursday, March 17, 2011

Letters


People don't write long paper and pen/pencil letters anymore. I mean the sit down with a pen/pencil and actually push the ink across the page.

I miss the feel of the pen in my hand and the color streaked across the bottom of my hand because of the multiple copies I had to do to get the words and handwriting to seem perfect. I also miss putting the letter in an envelope and the nasty flavor that greets your tongue on the flip side, the glittering of the stickers that you put on the back to seal the not-so-sticky flap and picking the stamps to go with the holiday or color of the envelope.

But most of all, I miss the joy of receiving a letter that someone enjoyed writing to you as much as you enjoyed getting it. I miss checking for tokens and cash and reading it over and over again and patiently waiting for the another one to arrive.

No comments: