Sunday, March 27, 2011

Leaping Through Time


I once watched an Anime about a girl who leaped through time. She found this gadget one day that gave her the ability to change things in her life. In the movie (spoiler alert), she got the power from her future self. I have always wondered, how her future self obtain the object if she got it in the past from her future self... Now that is a mind loop~

What would you do with such a gadget? Would you use it to change things in your past? Would you just leave it alone? I guess there are things in our pasts that we are not proud of...but should we change them?

I would be very tempted to save a loved one, prevent a catastrophic event or even divert an innocent from a future of darkness. However, I would be afraid that change would create a whole new world for us. It is like the devil you know is better than the devil that you do not know.

I wonder if you changed a small thing about yourself, would you still be you? We are who we are because of the experiences we have gone through~ both the good and the bad. I believe that no matter how tragic the past has been~ changing it would only make things worse.

1 comment:

quip boy said...

there are things i would change... if i could have... no question in my mind about some of them