Saturday, October 25, 2014

Guilty Pleasure

I sure this will not shock you...but I love music.  I really don't have a favorite type of music but I do find myself buying a lot of alternative rock/pop/rock songs.  
I guess my mood determines what I have playing through my speakers/headphones.  When I need to concentrate or do paperwork, I usually listen to classic music.  There is just something about a piano that really relaxes my mind.

When I am browsing or shopping online, I am listening to something with a sick beat.  When  am chatting, I seem to be listening to a lot more classic rock n roll and I think that is because the chatters are posting/linking more classic rock titles.  I enjoy listening to the same song as a bunch of strangers online.  It connects us to together at that moment and makes the moment seem more real.  It is fun.

When I am alone in my car, I usually listen to my cd's.  I guess I am kinda old fashion about that too.  I still buy my music from a real store and get a real disc.  I have downloaded songs but I still like to purchase the disc.  

My favorite part of buying the whole "album" is the drive home.  I crank up the volume and  listen for the chorus of the new songs before I move to the next one.   I have a chance to hear a little bit of every song so that I can complete the new disc before I get home.  I guess that is one of my  guilty pleasures in life...I hope you find something that moves you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I could write a song a hundred miles long
Well that's where I belong and you belong with me
And I could write it down or spread it all around
Get lost and then get found or swallowed in the sea...

Cherry Cola said...

Your words are quite moving~