Sunday, August 29, 2010

From Muffins to Madness:Part 1


It has been really been a wild ride today (3 posts so far). I had an opportunity to be out of town this weekend. I was invited to a weekend on the party boat, which is really a group of friends fishing, swimming, drinking and basking in the sun. Now why did I turn down this sweet sounding trip?

It had a lot to do with the "friends" who had been invited. One in particular, we have a bad history together and frankly I didn't want to deal with the drama. I was really excited about being in the house alone this weekend. I picked out 3-4 books to read, bought some comfort food and planned on slacking all weekend long.

I started my alone time curled up with a nice book, something wickedly romantic. It ,of course was thrilling but not as exciting as I thought. I decided to do the very thing I was hoping to limit this weekend, my connection to the online world. UGH! Of course, I tell myself I am only going to check my email, which led to checking my status on Facebook, which led to updating my blog, which led to checking my PUB and then finally checking out the chat room and then checking into a new plan for the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say this, but someone has to. You really need to get out more often and spend less time chatting. Go out and make some new real friends.

WhiteFalcon

Cherry Cola said...

Thanks! This is probably very good advice. I will consider your words.

Anonymous said...

Other side of the coin: some people do like you having at the chat room and appreciate you sharing your thoughts with the world both there and here.

Cherry Cola said...

Awwwwww thanks! I really appreciate the support!