Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Pretender


You can find me at Chat.

Do you always have to pretend with me?  Why do you insist on being something you are clearly not?

I know you are a chameleon and you change with the company you keep.  You are so buried in layers I am not sure you even know what lies beneath.

I accept that your spot are always changing and that I will never get through your strategically placed defenses, but I still have hope that one day you will not feel the need to pretend anymore.  I hope that you will be able to recognize yourself when that times comes...

Until then, I will play these silly mind games with you.  I will let you keep you this facade.  You keep coming back so you must be here for a reason.  Fooling others must give you a great satisfaction and it must keep you fulfilled.

I just want you to know that you do not have to pretend with me~ I can accept the harsh reality of what lies beneath...

No comments: